You will find the answers to our most commonly asked questions, below. Hopefully you will find the information you require, but if you have any further questions about our collection or how we work, please do drop us an email at email@example.com
1. DO YOU HAVE A MINIMUM HIRE AMOUNT?
In order to keep our delivery charges to a minimum and provide a good service to all of our clients, we do have a minimum hire policy of:
- £800 for local deliveries within a 1 hour drive
- £1200 for deliveries within a 1-2 hour drive
- £2000 for deliveries within a 2-3 hour drive (accommodation for the delivery crew may also be applicable and will be added to the delivery charges)
- For events further than 3 hours from our warehouse, please contact us for costs.
*These minimums exclude VAT and any delivery or service charges
2. HOW IS DELIVERY CALCULATED?
We are based in Petersfield, Hampshire and all our delivery times and mileage to your venue will be calculated using Google Maps. Our standard delivery costs include one crew member. For larger orders and and/or where more than vehicle is required, there may be additional costs involved.
3. HOW DO I GET A QUOTATION?
The easiest and quickest way to get a quotation is to submit a wishlist through our website. Simply browse our collection at www.thewcollection.co.uk and add the items you would like to your wishlist. Fill in the contact form with as many details as you can and submit your list. We will then check for availability and send you a quotation. Your quote will detail all items available, the total hire cost and any delivery charges applicable.
4. DO YOU CHARGE VAT?
Yes, from November 1st 2021, we are required to charge VAT on all bookings at the prevailing rate, currently 20%. The amount of VAT due will be shown on your quotation.
5. CAN I PICK UP MY ITEMS?
In order to maintain a high level of quality with our collection, we are unable to offer self-collection of your items. Our crew will ensure your items are packed safely and securely in our vehicles and delivered to you in the best possible condition.
6. WHAT IS THE HIRE PERIOD?
Our standard hire period is for 3 days. For example, if your wedding is on a Saturday, we will aim to deliver your items on Friday afternoon and collect on Monday morning. We understand every venue has slightly different policies regarding access times for set up and break down and we will endeavour to work within these where possible. Longer hire periods may be arranged by prior agreement only.
7. CAN YOU SET UP FOR US?
Absolutely! If you require any set up or styling services, please get in touch for a custom quote. Styling is our passion and we would love nothing more than to place all your items and style them for you to your requirements. We also offer a wedding design service and for those needing a little more help, ask us about our Full Planning Service.
Set up and styling services are by pre-arrangement only and cannot be carried out upon delivery without prior agreement.
8. I’M STRUGGLING TO VISUALISE WHAT I’D LIKE – ARE YOU ABLE TO HELP ME CHOOSE?
Absolutely! With a background in interior design and styling, we know which of our items will work well together to create the right look for your day. Contact us to talk about your vision and we can help you choose the right pieces. Alternatively, if you’d like a bit more help with the design of your day, take a look at the creative services we offer.
9. DO YOU OFFER DISCOUNTS?
If you have booked our full planning or style and design services you will receive a 20% discount on our entire collection.
In the interest of fairness to our clients, we unfortunately are unable to offer any other discounts.
10. HOW DOES DELIVERY WORK?
In order to ensure your items are delivered in plenty of time and as smoothly as possible, we will ask you to complete a booking form, which will be sent to you no later than 4 weeks prior to your event. To enable us to plan our delivery, please provide as much information as possible.
The W Studio cannot be held liable for any aborted delivery if the correct information has not been supplied, or the delivery is deemed unsafe for our crew.
Unless otherwise advised, there will be one crew member to deliver your items. If you require your items to be placed in a specific place, we do ask for there to be some assistance on hand. Your items will be unloaded to a designated area within 20m of our vehicle. This must be on level ground (i.e. no steps, lifts, uneven ground)
In some circumstances it may be necessary to send two crew members. For example, if there are any steps for our items to be carried up, lifts to negotiate, or heavy items to move. You will be notified in advance if this is the case and additional charges may apply.
11. DO YOU MAKE DELIVERIES/COLLECTIONS OUT OF YOUR NORMAL HOURS?
Our standard delivery and collection times are between 9am-6pm, Mon-Sat. We do understand that some venues have strict timings for delivery and collection. If you require delivery or collection between the hours of 6pm and 9am, or on a Sunday, additional charges will apply. Our crew have the journey to/from the warehouse either side of any delivery/collection, plus loading and unloading and we respectfully request that you bear this in mind when requesting out of hours delivery/collection.
12. WHAT IS YOUR PAYMENT POLICY?
Once you have reviewed your quotation and have agreed to our terms and conditions, we will email you with an invoice for your first instalment of 50% of your total order. Please be aware that we will hold your items for a maximum of 7 days from the date of your quotation, but beyond this time, we CANNOT reserve any dates or items until this payment has been received in full.
The final 50% payment is due 4 weeks prior to your event. We will email your final invoice no later than 7 days before it is due. We will also send you the final booking form for you to fill in so that we can finalise our logistical planning for your delivery.
If, for any reason, your order has changed from the original quote, your final invoice will be rebalanced to reflect the increase or decrease in value. Please note, however, that your order must not drop below our minimum hire amount.
13. CAN I CHANGE MY ORDER AFTER BOOKING?
In short, yes! However, there are a few things to bear in mind.
- Firstly, your order value cannot drop below our minimum hire amount.
- The 50% initial instalment you have paid is non-refundable and therefore if you choose to cancel your order altogether you will not be entitled to a refund (unless you cancel within 14 days of booking).
- We cannot guarantee the availability of any additional items so we recommend getting in touch as soon as possible to make any changes so that you are not disappointed. If the items you request are not available, we will do our best to make alternative suggestions that may be suitable.
- If you cancel some of the items from your order, please be aware these will immediately become available to other clients. If you change your mind and would like to add them on again, we won’t be able to guarantee their availability.
- Once the final invoice has been paid, no further changes can be made to reduce your order. If you would like to add any last minute items, this will only be permitted subject to availability and with immediate payment in full and in line with our terms and conditions.
14. DO I HAVE TO PAY A SECURITY DEPOSIT?
We do require a security deposit of £250 which will be payable with your final invoice, 4 weeks prior to your event. This will be returned to you within 14 working days after the hire period, unless there is any damage or loss. In the event of damage or loss you will receive the balance of your security deposit less the cost of replacement or repair. If the damage costs exceed the security deposit, you will be invoiced accordingly. Please see below.
15. WHAT HAPPENS IF ANY ITEMS GET DAMAGED OR LOST?
Your delivery document will show the replacement value of all your hire items. Unfortunately, sometimes accidents do happen, or items get lost. We thoroughly check all our items when they return to our warehouse and if we discover any damage or missing items, we will contact you immediately to see if it can be found or fixed.
In the unlikely event that we can’t find or fix the item, you will be invoiced for the full replacement cost.
For any upholstery cleaning required, we charge a flat fee of £50 per item.
If a custom repair is required, you will be charged the full cost of that repair.